This article is an ultimate guide for you in order to teach you how to change name in Facebook. The steps written here are applicable for mobile too. The most popular social networking site is Facebook. The greatest way to stay in touch with your loved ones is through this website. Facebook has made it possible for people who haven’t spoken or seen one other in decades to connect, have pleasant conversations, and share beautiful memories. Parents can view their children on their own phones even if they live far away. The globe is smaller because to Facebook.
The name of your Facebook account must be the first thing you decide when creating one. You should give a name when creating a personal or business page. Facebook is a social network where people connect using the names they use in real life, making it easy to identify who you are connecting with.
Facebook is used by 2.936 billion people globally. On the page’s left top, there is a search box where you can look up individuals by typing their names. If they use their true name, we can simply locate them and interact with them. But have you ever wanted to rename yourself or keep a different name that would be appropriate for the account? Are you aware that your account name can be changed?
Facebook provides the opportunity for name changes. If you abide by specific guidelines set forth by the Facebook community, you are permitted to change your name every 60 days. You are not permitted to often change your name.
If you want to change your name on Facebook, you must take a few procedures.
How to Change your name on Facebook : Mobile Phone
- On Facebook, click the profile image in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings and privacy” from the options listed below, then select “Settings.”
- Select “General” from the list’s options.
- Select “Name” from the menu, and then select “Edit.”
- Type your name and press the “Review Change” button.
- Lastly, input the password for your Facebook account and select “Save Changes”.
Let discuss the steps detailly.
Step 1: Tap on profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
Step 2: After clicking on the profile icon go down, click “Settings and privacy”, and then click “Settings” option.
Step 3: After entering “Setting” option, click “General” option from the list.
Step 4: Click on “Name” and go to “Edit” option.
Step 5: Enter the name you like to keep and click on “Review Change”.
You can choose your name you want to change and click on Review Changes button.
Step 6: Enter your Facebook password and click on “Save Changes” option.
You now have the new name you entered above after clicking “Save Changes.”
However, there are a few things to remember while renaming yourself.
- For the next 60 days, if you changed your name on Facebook, you cannot do so again.
- Additionally, you are not permitted to use odd words, weird punctuation, or capitalization.
Cannot change your name in Facebook?
Some time you may face trouble while changing your name. It may occur because:
1. If your name doesn’t follow Facebook’s name policy, it is not possible to change name at that moment. Here are some thing which is not allowed during changing name in Facebook.
- Any punctuation, symbols, capitalization that isn’t normal, repetitive characters, or numbers.
- Characters that come from several languages.
- Any titles whatsoever (example: any professional, any religious).
- Replace a name you want to maintain with some words or phrases.
- Any form of offensive or sexually provocative language.
2. You recently changed your name, or you tried to change it too frequently, during the last 60 days.
3. On Facebook, you were previously prompted to verify your name.
While changing the name, Facebook also imposed some rules. This is also visible on the Facebook website. Regarding changing the name, we must adhere to the regulations. Things to consider before changing your name:
- You should use the name that people call you in real life on your profile.
- If your nickname is a version of your real name, you can use it as your first or middle name (such as Bob instead of Robert).
- Another name may be listed on your account (example: nickname, professional name).
- Only one person may use a profile. You can create a page for your company or organization.
- It is not permitted to pose as anyone or anything.
You are all set to change your name if you adhere to all of these. Informalguru